5.13.2010

I'm going to school!!!

That's right folks. I've decided to throw in the towel on my former career in data analysis and start grad school this fall in Nutrition. Gack! What am I doing?

If you've read anything on this blog, you'll realize that the past 2 years have been quite the experience for me. Ups and downs, more downs than ups certainly. I've learned a LOT about my own personal nutrition. I've also learned a lot about how much more there is for me to learn! And above all, I've discovered a passion that I can't ignore. I want to not only learn more about my own personal nutrition, I want to learn how to help others in their journey to better nutrition.

And so, with that in mind, I'll be starting school in the fall at Simmons College in Boston. My plan is to come out on the other side of this new venture with an MS in Nutrition Science and an RD (credentials as a Registered Dietitian). Ultimately, now, I would love to work with teens in some sort of Community Nutrition venture, but we'll see where things lead as I work my way through school.

Since I'll be pretty busy with school, I may not get to update this as often as I'd like to, but this will serve as a good place for updates on my journey into the field of Nutrition, so stay tuned for more! I can't promise anything specifically yet, but one of my ideas that I'd like to explore while in school is how to eat well on a student's budget (that is to say, very slim wallet). Can I get away with shopping at Whole Foods? Possibly not. Or perhaps I will? It will be an adventure to be sure, and I'll be tracking my progress toward this and other projects as I go through my education.

It's scary, it's exciting, it's new, it's crazy. And it'll be a lot of fun! Hope you enjoy the ride - I certainly intend to!

1 comment:

  1. In terms of Whole Foods shopping - if you find it tight, I've been noticing that a lot of the big-name grocery stores (Star Market/Shaw's, Hannaford, etc.) are starting to carry more & more organic ingredients and more of a variety of foods/grains. A couple of years ago - such was not the case. Also - TRADER JOE'S is a great alternative to Whole Foods if you can find one near you (or, just come visit me and borrow mine!).

    ReplyDelete