10.15.2008

Dropping sizes...

I posted a little while ago about the experience of losing all of the weight, and the personal identity readjustment that has come with that. I guess you could call this an addendum to that post? You could also probably call it random musings from the mind of the ever-more-surprised-by-this-experience author. [You pick, though - as a general rule I don't choose sides unless I have to.]

A quick recap for focus:

Since March, I've dropped from a size 8 to a size 2, size M to size XL, size 6 shoe to size 5 1/2 shoe.

Okay, so, I went bowling with my coworkers this evening. And discovered that I also went down in bowling ball size! It's funny how so many things just don't occur to me as needing a change due to my smaller size. I've generally bowled with the "size 10" (10 lb) ball. Hah. Found out this evening that I've dropped down to a "size 8" (8 lb) ball.

It just seems like such an odd thing to drop sizes in, but I guess that makes sense. Probably also means I'll have to readjust my comfortable level in free weights should I ever get a hankering to go lift at the gym. Makes me wonder, also, what other wacky things I could have dropped sizes in...?

I guess I'll leave that to ponder on future days. For now, I guess I can just say that I have an ever-growing list of things I've dropped sizes in:

Pants, shirt, dress, shoe, and bowling ball. [chuckle]

No comments:

Post a Comment